Established in 1870 as a part of the Missouri-Kansas-Texas (KATY) Railroad, the town was developed by two men who purchased 80 acres of ground on either side of the “KATY” tracks. They recruited settlers and immigrants from the northeastern part of the country. Known as Morris County’s “little city on the hill,” it sits on one of the highest elevations in the Flint Hills. Be sure to visit the historic two-story Stone Store, now a bed-and-breakfast, the one-room Baxter School House and the KATY Railroad Rail Car Museum.
It is ideal for the avid hunter and fisherman, and is a great place to raise a family! White City offers its residents the friendliness of small town living including an outstanding Pre K- 12 school system, many area churches, friendly small town merchants, convenient local grocery store, public library, hometown newspaper, and Katy Park and Baxter School House museum.
For more information, check out their website: www.whitecityks.net